Discover Houses for Rent in Watertown, MA
Watertown, Mass., is a charming community with its own local flair. Perfect for raising a family, homes for rent in Watertown are surrounded by playgrounds, wooded paths, great schools and friendly neighbors. According to City-Data, Watertown's crime rate has consistently been significantly lower than the national average for more than a decade, meaning the town has the safe environment you're looking for in your new home.
3 Fun Facts About Watertown
- Watertown is about a 20-minute drive from Boston, so it's simple to enjoy all that this bustling Northeastern city has to offer.
- This settlement was originally called Saltonstall Plantation, but its name was changed to Watertown in September 1630.
- Watertown has some pretty great neighbors, including Newton, Brighton and Chestnut Hill.
Helpful Resources for Watertown Renters
- Watertown is easily connected with the Greater Boston area through Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority trains and buses. Learn your options on the MBTA website.
- The Watertown Police Department maintains a Twitter page where you can stay informed on the goings-on in the community.
- Watertown's official website is chock-full of helpful information for all residents.
- The Watertown Public Schools Web page contains different links to keep you updated on what's happening at your child's school.
Things to Do in Watertown
The Armenian Library and Museum of America has maintained a presence in Watertown for decades and provides an interesting look at the history of this culture. For those seeking outdoor recreation, the Charles River runs through the area and is great for wildlife viewing, swimming and boating, and is also surrounded by trails for walking and jogging. Other must-visits in Watertown include the Commander's Mansion, Donohue's and the Town Diner.