Explore Houses for Rent in Starkville, MS
Starkville, situated less than 30 minutes from both West Point and Columbus, is home to Mississippi State University. Homes for rent in Starkville may be ideal for renters planning to attend MSU or who are simply interested in the attractions of the city.
Intriguing Facts About Starkville
- Mississippi State University, an accredited institution, borders Starkville and was founded in 1878.
- Starkville is the seat of Oktibbeha County, whose name derives from a Choctaw word signifying "icy water."
- Three miles north of the present location of Starkville, at Hebron, Calvin Cushman founded a mission.
- Starkville takes its name from Gen. John Stark, who fought in the Revolutionary War. The city adopted his name after the county seat was moved there in 1835.
Tools for Starkville Renters
- The website of the Greater Starkville Development Partnership offers resources for those looking to move to Starkville or participate in area commerce.
- Government and employment resources can be accessed at the official website of the City of Starkville.
- Renters can learn more about the Starkville region by visiting the Oktibbeha County website.
Recreational Activities Near Starkville
A number of parks are located near Starkville rentals for residents to enjoy the outdoors. Moncrief Park has a swimming pool to attract the aquatically inclined and provides an in-line hockey court and playground equipment for those who want to stay dry. J.L. King Senior Memorial Park is suitable for sports lovers thanks to its basketball courts, tennis courts and multi-purpose fields. The park also has a splash pad for kids who like water play. Renters can catch a flick at Hollywood Premier Cinemas, which shows films in genres ranging from comedies to children's movies. Bulldog Lanes has facilities for bowling, hosts parties and serves hot food.