Search Awesome Houses for Rent in La Vista, NE
La Vista is a city in Sarpy County, Nebraska, near Papillion and Omaha. As one of the fastest growing cities in Nebraska, homes for rent in La Vista offer renters all of the modern amenities they need to settle down comfortably in the state. It's also located close to the Offutt Air Force Base, Eppley Airfield and the interstate system, making commutes to nearby cities a breeze.
Historical Facts About La Vista
- La Vista was created in 1959 by a developer who wanted to build 335 homes. They cost $9,999 each, and the area soon became known as "House of Nines."
- Families started moving into their houses in January 1960. They named the area La Vista (which means "the view") because of the scenic view of the Big Papio Creek basin southeast of the housing development.
Helpful Resources for New Renters
- Check out La Vista's official website for all things city-related. It has everything a new resident needs to feel comfortable in the community and get up to date on the local happenings. Government information, department contacts, event calendars and local news are just some of the resources that renters can find on the site.
- The Papillion-La Vista School District's site is great for parents who want to learn more about the local education offerings. Schedules, curricula and details about each school can be found there.
- The La Vista Public Library's online catalog can help new residents find what they need, whether they're researching or looking for entertainment options.
- Sarpy County's website outlines everything there is to know about the surrounding area. It has all kinds of resources for residents of the county, from online services to attractions, events, forms and public records.