Discover Houses for Rent in San Angelo, TX
San Angelo is found in Tom Green County and serves as the county seat. The city is close to Midland. Residents looking for homes for rent will find a beautiful place in San Angelo, full of excellent amenities, such as Santa Fe Park, Monogram Square, Santa Rita Park, The Junell Center/ Stephens Arena, The Peasant Village Restaurant, Fuentes Cafe Downtown, Zero One Ale House, Cactus Book Shop and Shannon Medical Center.
Interesting Facts About San Angelo
- San Angelo's origins are rooted in the frontier-town ethic of Texas - it was an early example of this type of town.
- Railroads contributed to the development of San Angelo. Prominent industries in the city's history were ranching and agriculture.
- San Angelo was also a node for shipping along the Santa Fe Railroad, and, later in its history, the Kansas City, Mexico and Orient Railroad.
- Numerous papers have served the needs of residents throughout the city's history. These include the Concho Times and the San Angelo Standard. Today's paper is the San Angelo Standard-Times. The city also has many radio stations.
- Both the gas and oil industries came to play a serious role in the economic life of San Angelo.
- San Angelo's ideal climate made it the site of rehabilitation for patients with tuberculosis - the dry weather helps to eliminate the affliction.
- An Army Air Corps base was installed in the city during WWII.
Resources for Renters
San Angelo's website is a good primer for renters. This site includes an overview of the city and has more specific pages, such as a listing of annual events the city hosts and a page called "New Resident Info." This helpfully lists essentials of life in San Angelo, such information on utilities, local recreation and cultural sites.
San Angelo Independent School District's website provides information on education in the city.